Number 5 seems to be right in the middle of 1-9 and it’s shown as the well known symbol of the pentagram. And if we study this geometrical shape, we can come to a conclusion 5 can be written down as either 2-3 or 3-2 depending if we want it “normal” or inverted”.
Even Leonardo da Vinci had a fascination with this number and geometrical shape and used it to explore further geometry and symbolism of the human body and the material world. Number 5 is a human number, put right in the middle, between the sky and the earth. Interestingly, many numerologists consider this number to be
the number of the freedom, communication and
versatility and well, number of the GENIUS.
It’s really no wonder that we connect it to Mercury and sign of Leo. And if Mercury in Leo is anything, it’s extremely creative in it’s expression of thoughts and words.
As fiery as Mercury in Leo is, it gives us quick reactions with love for changes, which may seem a bit strange for this fiery and fixed energy. As everyone already knows, Leos can be extremely sexual so with number 5 they can be pretty unconscious about themselves emitting a strong sexual energy.
5s are competitive and great workers under stress. Fives communicate easily, accept others for who they are just as they want to equally be accepted for who they are. They also particularly enjoy travel.
Negative traits of fives usually include too much enjoyment and hedonism; alcohol, drugs, impatience and of course their fixed nature and unwillingness to change their attitude while at the same time, expecting everyone else to change to fit them. There is also a danger of becoming a “dictator” in long term relationships, by calling others on responsibility and their obligations. Which is not that bad, we all need those people sometime, especially if we get into that long process of stagnation. Mercury in Leo as number 5 won’t take no bullshit. What needs to be done – simply needs to be done.
In positive manifestations fives are charming, attractive, fun and nice. They are here to express their freedom without bothering anyone so we shouldn’t bother them. They just want to perfect the skill they have and have some fun on the way. They also want to make their sexuality conscious and enjoy life with no judgments.
With fives, there is always a danger of promiscuity and danger of being too absorbed in their career.
I guess two sides of the pentagram could speak about this. White magic pentagram (3-2) and black magic pentagram (2-3) could be representing two sides of this coin. Having fun without overdoing fun and being almost godlike creative. And on the other side; falling into the pit of your shadow-self, forgetting about others and eventually forgetting about yourself as well, as you get so occupied with hedonism and having fun – which is the ultimate trap for the creative spirit inside the material world.
Fives in nature and mysteries (from Wikipedia)
- The atomic number of boron.
- The number of appendages on most starfish, which exhibit pentamerism.
- Messier object M5, a magnitude 7.0 globular cluster in the constellation Serpens.
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 5, a magnitude 13 spiral galaxy in the constellation Andromeda.
- The Roman numeral V stands for dwarfs (main sequence stars) in the Yerkes spectral classification scheme.
- The Roman numeral V (usually) stands for the fifth-discovered satellite of a planet or minor planet (e.g. Jupiter V).
- Perception is conceived to occur through five senses.
- Almost all amphibians, reptiles, and mammals which have fingers or toes have five of them on each extremity.
- The god Shiva has five faces and his Mantra is also called Panchakshari (Five Worded) mantra.
- The goddess Saraswati, goddess of knowledge and intellectual is associated with Panchami or number 5.
- There are five elements in this universe: Dharti, Agni, Jal, Vayu evam Akash (Earth, Fire, Water, Air and Space respectively).
- The most sacred tree in Hinduism has 5 leaves in every leaf stunt.
- Most of the flowers have 5 petals in them.
- The epic Mahabharata revolves around the battle between Duryodhana and his 99 other brothers and the 5 pandava princes –Dharma,Arjuna,Bhima,Nakula and Sahadeva.
- There are traditionally Five Wounds of Jesus Christ in Christianity: the Scourging at the Pillar, the Crowning with Thorns, the wounds in Christ’s hands, the wounds in Christ’s feet, and the Side Wound of Christ.
- In Discordianism, 5 is seen as a very important number. This is demonstrated in the Law of Fives, as well as in the Pentabarf, which contains five rules.
- Each page of the Principia Discordia—the primary religious document in Discordianism—is labeled with five digits.
- The Five Pillars of Islam
Muslims pray to Allah five times a day.
- According to Shia Muslims, the Panjetan or the Five Holy Purified Ones are the members of Muhammad‘s family: Muhammad, Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn and is often symbolically represented by an image of the Khamsa.
- The Torah contains five books—Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy—which are collectively called the Five Books of Moses, the Pentateuch (Greek for “five containers”, referring to the scroll cases in which the books were kept), or Humash (חומש, Hebrew for “fifth”).
- The book of Psalms is arranged into five books, paralleling the Five Books of Moses.
- The Khamsa, an ancient symbol shaped like a hand with four fingers and one thumb, is used as a protective amulet by Jews; that same symbol is also very popular in Arabic culture, known to protect from envy and the evil eye.
- The five sacred Sikh symbols prescribed by Guru Gobind Singh are commonly known as panj kakars or the “Five Ks” because they start with letter K representing kakka (ਕ) in the Punjabi language‘s Gurmukhi script. They are: kesh (unshorn hair), kangha (the comb), kara (the steel bracelet), kachhehra (the soldiers shorts), and kirpan (the sword) (in Gurmukhi: ਕੇਸ, ਕੰਘਾ, ਕੜਾ, ਕਛਹਰਾ, ਕਿਰਪਾਨ). Also, there are five deadly evils: kam (lust), krodh (anger), moh (attachment), lobh (greed), and ankhar (ego).
- According to ancient Greek philosophers such as Aristotle, the universe is made up of five classical elements: water, earth, air, fire, and ether. This concept was later adopted by Medieval alchemists and more recently by practitioners of Neo-Pagan religions such as Wicca.
- The pentagram, or five-pointed star, bears religious significance in various faiths including Baha’i, Christianity, Freemasonry, Satanism, Taoism, Thelema, and Wicca.
- In Cantonese, “five” sounds like the word “not” (character: 唔). When five appears in front of a lucky number, e.g. “58”, the result is considered unlucky.
- In East Asian tradition, there are five elements: (water, fire, earth, wood, and metal). The Japanese names for the days of the week, Tuesday through Saturday, come from these elements via the identification of the elements with the five planets visible with the naked eye. Also, the traditional Japanese calendar has a five-day weekly cycle that can be still observed in printed mixed calendars combining Western, Chinese-Buddhist, and Japanese names for each weekday.
- Members of The Nation of Gods and Earths, a primarily African American religious organization, call themselves the “Five-Percenters” because they believe that only 5% of mankind is truly enlightened.
FAMOUS PEOPLE having 5 as their birth day number:
Nostradamus (Dec 14 1503., astrologer, prophet), Myra Hindley (July 23, 1942, one of the most hated female killers), Leslie Van Houten (August 23,1949, member of the Charles Manson family), Timothy McVeigh (April 23,1968, man who detonated a truck bomb), Neil Armstrong (August 5,1930, first person to walk on the Moon)…
FAMOUS PEOPLE having 5 as their LIFE PATH NUMBER:
Stephan Spielberg, Abraham Lincoln, Mick Jagger, Ryan Gosling, Michael J. Fox, Tina Turner, Malcom X, Sir Isaac Newton, Beyonce Knowles, Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie
PART 2: MOVIE LIST
Here’s a list of movies connected to five in their name. Relax, choose your movie and enjoy this list on the “5″ DAY.
- Five (2011) – “An anthology of five short films exploring the impact of breast cancer on people’s lives. “
- Five Feet Apart (2019) “A pair of teenagers with life-threatening illnesses meet in a hospital and fall in love. “
- Five Easy Pieces (1970) “A dropout from upper-class America picks up work along the way on oil rigs when his life isn’t spent in a squalid succession of bars, motels, and other points of interest. “
- The Five (2013) “Eun-A lost her family at the hands of a serial killer. She is now mentally and physically destroyed. She then decides to get revenge by enlists the help of four people from different life to fulfill her revenge. “
- The Five-Year Engagement (2012) “One year after meeting, Tom proposes to his girlfriend, Violet, but unexpected events keep tripping them up as they look to walk down the aisle together.”
- Top Five (2014) “A comedian tries to make it as a serious actor when his reality television star fiancée talks him into broadcasting their wedding on her television show. “
- Slaughterhouse-Five (1972) “A man named Billy Pilgrim tells the story of how he became unstuck in time and was abducted by aliens. “
- Five (1951) “The world is destroyed in a nuclear holocaust. Only five Americans survive, including a pregnant woman, a neo-Nazi, a black man and a bank clerk. “
- Five (2010) “Five sex-themed stories: **** Story 1: Maquinas (Machines): At night, while waiting at the central bus station of Retiro, a man meets an adolescent girl, Reneta at the bus station. They go to a cafe and begin a conversation about sex that will prove to be deeply disturbing. **** Story 2: Platero: Walter, an adolescent boy will discover a new interest in his sister’s boyfriend, Platero while they are fooling around on their bunk bed. **** Story 3: Ojo de Pez (Fish Eye): Virginia and Pablo maintained a loving relationship for some years; she is still in love but he is not the man she met. **** Story 4: Coger en Castellano (To Fuck in Spanish): Gustavo, a 40-year-old Argentinean married to an American woman living in the USA longs for his sex life in Buenos Aires stimulated by photos of Argentinean teenagers on the Internet. **** Story 5: Los dias Negros (Days Gone Black): A well-built married office employee has sexual fantasies about the women working in his office.”
- The Five Heartbeats (1991) “The story of the rise and fall of an African American vocal group. “
- Five Children and It (2004) “Five children staying in their eccentric uncle’s labyrinthine mansion for protection during World War I befriend a sand fairy who has the power to grant wishes. “
- The Last Five Years (2014) “A struggling actress and her novelist lover each illustrate the struggle and deconstruction of their love affair. “
- The Five (1995) “Five men plot to steal a large sum of money from the local yakuza, but everything does not go as planned and the men find themselves hunted down by contract killers. “
- The Five Obstructions (2003) “About a filmmaker not only revisiting, but also recreating (not in a conventional sense) one of his first films, The Perfect Human / Det perfekte menneske (1967) “
- Five Golden Hours (1961) “A petty crook gallantly consoles wealthy widows and is doing all right in his chosen profession until he meets and falls in love with a lovely baroness, who knows all about get-rich-quick schemes. The crook evolves an ingenious swindle geared to the time differential between New York and Rome and works it on his string of widows, but the baroness takes off with the dough. The crook flees to a mental home to escape the wrath of his victims.”
- Five Corners (1987) “A psychotic young man returns to his old neighborhood after release from prison. He seeks out the woman he previously tried to rape and the man who protected her, with twisted ideas of love for her and hate for him. “
- Five Fingers (2006) “In Morocco to assist with the creation of a food charity, a Dutchman is abducted by a terrorist. “
- The Five Pennies (1959) “Loring “Red” Nichols is a cornet-playing country boy who goes to New York in the 1920s full of musical ambition and principles. He gets a job playing in Wil Paradise’s band, but quits to pursue his dream of playing Dixieland jazz. He forms the “Five Pennies” which features his wife, Bobbie, as vocalist. At the peak of his fame, Red and Bobbie’s daughter, Dorothy, develops polio. Red quits the music business to move to Los Angeles where the climate is better for Dorothy. As Dorothy becomes a young teen, she learns of her father’s musical past, and he is persuaded to open a small nightclub which is failing until some noted names from his past come to help out. “
- The Five Days (1973) “In the chaos of the final days of the Italian revolution a thief and a baker hook up and travel the streets of Milan witnessing the historic events, which quickly take a dark turn. “
- Five Fingers for Marseilles (2017) “Lives change forever when Tau, the young lion, kills two corrupt policemen in a South African shanty town. “
- The Russian Five (2018) “In the late 1980s, the Detroit Red Wings worked to finally break their decades long Stanley Cup drought by extracting players from the Soviet Union, and in the process, changed the way North American hockey is played. “
- Five Dances (2013) “The coming of age tale of an extraordinarily gifted young dancer recently arrived in New York City. “
- The Central Park Five (2012) “A documentary that examines the 1989 case of five black and Latino teenagers who were convicted of raping a white woman in Central Park. After having spent between 6 and 13 years each in prison, a serial rapist confessed to the crime. “
- Five Deadly Venoms (1978) “The final student of a dying martial arts master is instructed to locate the previous five students and defeat any evil ones among them. “
- Jane Fonda in Five Acts (2018) “A look at the life, work, activism and controversies of actress and fitness tycoon, Jane Fonda.”
- Table for Five (1983) “J.P. Tannen takes his three children for a vacation cruise. They usually live with their mother and stepfather, but now J.P. feels capable of taking them. Emotional tragedy strikes, causing battles parent against parent, and parent against child. J.P. tries to show his children that he loves them. “
- Five Minutes of Heaven (2009) “The story of former UVF member Alistair Little. Twenty-five years after Little killed Joe Griffen’s brother, the media arrange an auspicious meeting between the two. “
- Five Came Back (1939) “Twelve people are aboard Coast Air Line’s flagship the Silver Queen enroute to South America when the airplane encounters a storm and is blown off course. Crashing into jungles known to be inhabited by head hunters, pilots Bill and Joe race against time to fix the engines and attempt a take off. The situation brings out the best and worst in the stranded dozen as they create a makeshift runway and prepare to escape before the natives attack. But damage to the plane and low fuel reserves means that only 5 people can be carried to safety. Do both Bill and Joe make the flight out? And what about the rest: Peggy, a woman with a slightly tarnished past; Pete, a racketeer who is escorting his boss’s young son Tommy; Alice and Judson, eloping lovers who seem to have less in common as their plight changes one of them in the other’s eyes; Crimp, who is bringing criminal Vasquez to justice; Prof. and Mrs. Spengler, an elderly couple whom become closer due to their predicament; and finally, is flight attendant Larry among the five? And who decides who lives and dies?”
- The Five Senses (1999) “Interconnected stories examine situations involving the five senses. Touch is represented by a massage therapist who is treating a woman, while her daughter accidentally loses the woman’s pre-school daughter in the park. The older daughter meets a voyeur (vision), a professional house-cleaner has an acute sense of smell, a cake maker has lost her sense of taste, and an older man is losing his hearing. “
- Five Minarets in New York (2010) “Two Turkish anti-terrorist agents are sent to New York City on a mission to find and bring back the dangerous Islamic leader codenamed “Dajjal”, believed to be hiding in there. Working with the FBI and NYPD, the agents orchestrate the arrest of Hadji Gumus, a well-respected Muslim scholar and family man who years before fled to the United States after being released from a Turkish prison, where he served time for murder. This tale love, friendship, peace and prejudices, takes us on a journey seeking to answer the question of whether innocence or guilt even matters to one who lusts for vengeance.”
- Five Nights in Maine (2015) “A young African American man, reeling from the tragic loss of his wife, travels to rural Maine to seek answers from his estranged mother-in-law, who is herself confronting guilt and grief over her daughter’s death. “
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven (2004) “An elderly amusement park maintenance man, Eddie, is trapped in purgatory and the only way out is to confront five people from his past. Unfortunately, dark secrets from his service in the Philippines begin to haunt him. “
- Five Graves to Cairo (1943) “During World War II, an undercover British soldier tries get word to the Allies that the Germans have tons of supplies buried in five excavations across Egypt. “
- Devil Times Five (1974) “After five deranged children are involved in a bus wreck they start killing people at the lodge who insulted them or were rude to them. “
- Five Days One Summer (1982) ” Sean Connery stars in Fred Zinnemann’s haunting tale of incestuous love set against a magnificent background of the Swiss Alps. “
Thanks for reading 🙂 Check out our other numerology posts.