Here we are with another quick numerology post. Yesterday I mentioned how number one became Two in this post and today we’ll talk about three, because today is “Three” day.
(featured picture: The Three Sisters, s.d. // Max Beckmann, (German, 1884-1950) )
Three is number we often see, it is after all the fourth Fibonacci number and only prime triangular number in mathematics. Three is also atomic number of lithium in chemistry, which is one of the lightest metals and lightest solid element which is pretty interesting because astrology wise we have very light & airy sign of Gemini as third sign of Zodiac.
Even though now we have many theories that humans can see more than three dimensions, we for sure know that we can only perceive three. At least in this consciousness. Even our ability to distinguish colors is based on three cells in retina, so humans are trichromatic.
In early European alchemy, there were three primes; salt, sulfur and mercury. There are three doshas (weaknesses) and their antidotes based on Ayurvedic medicine in India. And of course many religions have trinity and in Christianity devil tempted Jesus three times while Jesus ministry lasted three years. Jesus number three repeats through three holy kings that carried three gifts. He dies at 33.
The three virtues of Humata, Hukhta and Huvarshta (Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds) are a basic tenet in Zoroastrianism. We also know the well known rule of three, that everything we do comes back three times as hard back to us. It was mentioned in High Magic’s Aid by Gerald Gardner (1949) but it’s definitely dating further back than that:
“Thou hast obeyed the Law. But mark well, when thou receivest good, so equally art bound to return good threefold.” (For this is the joke in witchcraft, the witch knows, though the initiate does not, that she will get three times what she gave, so she does not strike hard.)
In Wicca we also have tripple Moon goddess theme, third house in astrology (Gemini) was also known as House of Goddess, while the 9th (Sagittarius) house was known as House of God.
Three (三, formal writing: 叁, pinyin sān, Cantonese: saam1) is considered a good number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word “alive” (生 pinyin shēng, Cantonese: saang1), compared to four (四, pinyin: sì, Cantonese: sei1), which sounds like the word “death” (死 pinyin sǐ, Cantonese: sei2).
In East and Southeast Asia, there is a widespread superstition that considers it inauspicious to take a photo with three people in it; it is professed that the person in the middle will die first. The phrase “Third time’s the charm” refers to the superstition that after two failures in any endeavor, a third attempt is more likely to succeed. This is also sometimes seen in reverse, as in “third man [to do something, presumably forbidden] gets caught”. (Source:Wikipedia)
Three in numerology, astrology & tarot
In astrology first thing that comes to mind is of course, third sign of the Zodiac- Gemini! Witty, smart, fast, restless and nervous. Information butterfly. And second thing is aspect of trine (150°). In Tarot we connect number 3 primarily to Empress; richness and joy.
Number three becomes three by connecting two numbers. This is child-son of the numbers (1+1+1=3). Three represents God as trinity and it’s a number of personal expression, creativity and laughter. It’s often shown as triangle.
We also know 3 as Entertainer. Connected to Jupiter and Gemini, people born having three as important number are the ones that usually spread enthusiasm and joy. They are quick learners and have a big need for love. They also enjoy dancing and partying which is also a big factor for happiness and well-being. Three’s are eloquent and enjoy spending time with other people. Similar to Gemini, they’re very mentally active so they can suffer from nervousness, getting too bored too quickly or spending money too fast (Jupiter-Gemini). People born as 3’s have to learn how to create their very own happiness and how to use their rich imagination and quick mind.
These people enjoy life and love being in relationship, and how ever untypical it may be for such light and airy nature- they can get bored but they can also get jealous.
Usually threes have huge need for movement which is why dancing is great for them.
What to do when is THREE day?
Dancing, walking, hiking, body workout, bicycle, roller blades, phone calls, talking, thinking, analytics, writing, gaining new information, studying, hanging out with brothers or sisters or neighbors, do a cleaning action in your neighborhood.
Three as theme in movies:
- 3 (2010) “A Berlin-set drama centered on a 40-something couple who, separately, fall in love with the same man. “
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) “A mother personally challenges the local authorities to solve her daughter’s murder when they fail to catch the culprit. “
- 3 Idiots (2009) “Two friends are searching for their long lost companion. They revisit their college days and recall the memories of their friend who inspired them to think differently, even as the rest of the world called them “idiots”. “
- 3 Days to Kill (2014) “A dying CIA agent trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter is offered an experimental drug that could save his life in exchange for one last assignment. “
- Three Seconds (2018) “An ex-convict working undercover intentionally gets himself incarcerated again in order to infiltrate the mob at a maximum security prison. “
- Three Kings (1999) “In the aftermath of the Persian Gulf War, four soldiers set out to steal gold that was stolen from Kuwait, but they discover people who desperately need their help. “
- ¡Three Amigos! (1986) “Three actors accept an invitation to a Mexican village to perform their onscreen bandit fighter roles, unaware that it is the real thing. “
- Threesome (1994) “Eddy and Stuart share two-thirds of a dormitory suite. Due to bureaucratic error, a woman named Alex is added to their room. At first, relations among the three are tense. Soon, however, Alex falls for Eddy, and Stuart lusts after Alex. Eddy comes to realize not only that he’s gay, but that he’s attracted to Stuart. The three pledge not to act on any romantic (or lustful) feelings with each other, and become close friends . . . while bottling up a lot of sexual tension.”
- The Three Musketeers (2011) “The hot-headed young D’Artagnan along with three former legendary but now down on their luck Musketeers must unite and defeat a beautiful double agent and her villainous employer from seizing the French throne and engulfing Europe in war. “
- The Next Three Days (2010) “A married couple’s life is turned upside down when the wife is accused of a murder.”
- The Three Stooges (2012) “While trying to save their childhood orphanage, Moe, Larry and Curly inadvertently stumble into a murder plot and wind up starring in a reality television show. “
- Three (2016) “Realizing that he will be defeated in no time during a police showdown, a thug shoots himself to force the cops to cease fire and take him to the hospital. In the hospital, he claims human rights to refuse immediate treatment in order to bide time for his underlings to rescue him. The detective in charge sees through his scheme but decides to play along so as to capture his whole gang once and for all.”
- Three Colors: Red (1994) “A model discovers her neighbor is keen on invading people’s privacy. “
- Three Colors: Blue (1993) “A woman struggles to find a way to live her life after the death of her husband and child. “
- Three Colors: White (1994) “After his wife divorces him, a Polish immigrant plots to get even with her. “
- Kill Me Three Times (2014) “Professional hit-man Charlie Wolfe finds himself in three tales of murder, blackmail and revenge after a botched contract assignment. “
- Three (1969) “Two American college friends, traveling in Europe near the Mediterranean, meet and fall for a charming English tourist. However, they agree not to test their friendship and just be friends with her. Soon, reality kicks in. “
- One, Two, Three (1961) “In West Berlin during the Cold War, a Coca-Cola executive is given the task of taking care of his boss’ socialite daughter. “
Three Christs (2017) “Three Christs follows Dr. Alan Stone who is treating three paranoid schizophrenic patients at the Ypsilanti State Hospital in Michigan, each of whom believed they were Jesus Christ. What transpires is both comic and deeply moving. “
- Three (1965) “Three stories are set at the beginning, middle and the end of WW2. In all three of them the hero of the movie must witness the death of people he likes. “
- Three to Tango (1999) “A rich businessman’s assumption that his new colleague is gay leads him to ask the man to keep an eye on his mistress. However, the man is not gay, and begins to fall for the woman himself. “
- These Three (1936) “Two school teachers and the man they both love face ruin when a malicious student cooks up a lie. “
- Threesome (2014) “Siff, a student in sexology, finds out her boyfriend Lucas and her close friend Maria are having an affair. Neither of them wants to break it off. As a solution the two women decide to share Lucas. “
- Three Monkeys (2008) “A family suffers from a major communication breakdown during their struggle to get through their hardships. “
- Three Days of the Condor (1975) “A bookish CIA researcher finds all his co-workers dead, and must outwit those responsible until he figures out who he can really trust. “
- Three Summers (2017) “The new ensemble romantic comedy written and directed by Ben Elton. “
- Three Seconds (2017) “Going Vertical is a film based on real events that occurred in 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. It focuses on a legendary final battle between USSR and USA basketball teams. “
- Three Way (2004) “A sexy noir-thriller based on Gil Brewer’s 1963 pulp novel Wild to Possess. “
- Triple Threat (2017) “A hit contract is taken out on a billionaires daughter intent on bringing down a major crime syndicate. A down and out team of mercenaries must take on a group of professional assassins and stop them before they kill their target. “
- The Three Caballeros (1944) “Donald receives his birthday gifts, which include traditional gifts and information about Brazil (hosted by Zé Carioca) and Mexico (by Panchito, a Mexican Charro Rooster). “
- Three O’Clock High (1987) “A nerd gets himself in hot water with the new bully, a quiet bad boy who challenges him to fight on the grounds of their high school after the day’s end. “
- Three Wishes (1995) “In an unexplained act of charity, Jeanne Holman, picks up an injured, apparent tramp and takes him home to care for him little realizing who he was, or the effect he would have on her life and those of her family. “
- Three Times (2005) “Three stories set in three times, 1911, 1966 and 2005. Two actors play the two main characters in each story. “
- Three… Extremes (2004) “An Asian cross-cultural trilogy of horror films from accomplished indie directors. “
- Table for Three (2009) “A suddenly single guy invites what he thinks is a perfect couple to move into his apartment, only to discover they quickly insert themselves into all aspects of his life. “
- Three Steps Above Heaven (2010) “Story of two young people who belong to different worlds. It is the chronicle of a love improbable, almost impossible but inevitable dragging in a frantic journey they discover the first great love. Babi is a girl from upper-middle class that is educated in goodness and innocence . Hache is a rebellious boy, impulsive, unconscious, has an appetite for risk and danger embodied in endless fights and illegal motorbike races, the limit of common sense.”
- Three Fugitives (1989) “A reformed bank robber is taken hostage by a desperate man during a bank hold up, but is forced to go on the run with his captor when they’re both mistakenly thought to be in cahoots. “
- All Three of Us (2015) “An Iranian family survives the shah and the ayatollah and moves to France. This story follows the family through it all. Despite the politics, revolution, prison, beatings, assassinations and suicides this is a comedy. “
- Three Ages (1923) “The misadventures of Buster in three separate historical periods. “
- Three Peaks (2017) “Aaron wants to become a family with his girlfriend and her 8-year-old son, but high up in the Italian Dolomites, his attempts to win the boy’s acceptance turn into a dangerous power game. “
See you in another numerology post. Happy Friday, Venus day with blend of Three!